New Milford Parks and Recreation
Skip to nav
Running - Road Race - 8 Mile & 5K Run/Walk
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The New Milford Parks & Recreation Department is excited to announce that our 8-mile and 5K road races will be happening in person on July 31st! Deep in tradition, our 8-mile race is now on its 53rd year, and our 5K race is on its 18th year. The New Milford 8-mile Road Race is the third oldest race of its kind in the state, and one of the most challenging in the area. Runners test themselves during this hilly course through rural New Milford, including the famous Canterbury Hill. 5K runners enjoy a challenging and scenic course up into New Milford, and both races finish on the south side of the town green.
Both the 8-mile and 5K race will start at 8:30 AM sharp.
To View the 5k Map, Click here
To View the 8 Mile Map, Click here
The course this year has not changed, but due to Covid-19 restrictions, runners will have to adhere to the following guidelines*:
- Last day to register for the race online is July 27th. After July 27th please visit the Parks & Recreation office to sign up.
- Registration fee before July 23rd is $25. Registration fee after July 23rd is $30.
- There will be limited day-of-race registration.
- The first 300 registered runners will receive a t-shirt.
- Monetary prizes will be mailed to address on file.
- We will have limited water stops along both courses. We encourage runners to bring their own water. There will be one water stop for the 5k and approximately one every two miles for the 8-mile course.
- Masks are NOT mandatory.
- Awards ceremony following the race will be at the bandstand and for division prizes only. Cash prizes will be mailed in the form of checks to winners address on file.
- There will be no course record prize.
- Dogs OK. Walkers OK.
*PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR MORE DETAILS PRIOR TO RACE DAY. ANY AND ALL GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Date: July 31, 2021
Time: 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Location: New Milford Town Green
Cost: $25, $30 after July 23rd
Coordinator: Lauren Ellard